For safety reasons, clear marking of the medium on the pipelines is indispensable. The marking of pipelines is used, for example, for effective fire-fighting and is also helpful during maintenance work. In this way, the operating medium flowing inside can be quickly identified. Also, emergency forces can immediately adjust to the dangers and react during extinguishing work.
- The marking must be permanent and clearly visible.
- Markings may be applied by means of painting, tapes, signs or inscriptions.
- Markings should be applied at dangerous points and areas important for operation (e.g. at branches, at the beginning and end, at wall penetrations and fittings).
- After a pipe length of max. 10 m, the marking must be repeated.
- The marking must include the details of the group, additional colour, direction of flow and the designation of the medium. The medium should be named or identified with the chemical formula.
- Hazardous substances must also be labelled with the corresponding hazard pictograms.
|Medium||Groupe||Groupe colour||RAL||Additional colour||Writing colour||RAL|
|Not flammable gases||5||yellow||1003||black||black||9004|
|Flammable liquids and solids||8||brown||8002||red||white||9003|
|Not flammable liquids and solids||9||brown||8002||black||white||9003|